The Traffic violation management system is designed to manage and control traffic offences in an organized, agile and efficient way and provide time and cost optimization. This was the idea behind the development of the system, a software that allows one to observe and trace the main administrative procedures of the Department of Transportation such as the emission of notifications and fines as well as the judging of petitions.
The system enables one to readily meet deadlines, aids decision making and allows greater focus and investments on employed efforts, as well as guaranteeing greater flexibility in serving each client. The company also offers judicial and technical consulting services to the program's user.
• Administering pre-printed infraction receipts.
• Treatment of issued fines.
• Printing, enveloping and posting fine notifications.
• Postage and received control of fine notifications.
• Fine petition protocols.
• Aiding in the judgments of fine petitions through the Received Notification visualization and the databank containing up-to-date traffic laws.
• Printing, enveloping and sending of penalty imposition notifications.
• Penalty is only applied if: the petition to revoke the fine is not handed in within the legal deadline; the Traffic Authority verifies the validity and conistency of the offence.
• Postage and received control of penalty imposition notifications.
• Administrative Council resource protocol.
• Automatic distribution to Administrative Council members.
• Aid in judging Administrative Council resources, with the identification of whom emits the final decision for discussion and approval.
• Financial Control.
• It allows fine payment management and revoking control to those who have their petitions granted, as well as enable the administration of other payments such as services attained from the Post Office, for example.
• Statistics, administrative and financial reports.
• Makes ready for use stored data in the shape of reports, according to the client's wish, and provides an evaluation of results for each phase of the process.
• The company is composed by a team specialized in traffic legislation so that the software answers to up-to-date laws as well as the client's needs.
• Possesses easily understood graphs.
• Allows one to follow the entire administrative process of fines and controls actions, as the records are connected to a single system.
• Makes legal deadlines possible to administer.
• Facilitates control during the assembly of law suits for analysis, aiding the judges by means of a menu for legislative consultants and other registered data.
• Registers all transactions, aiding in the operational management of the system.
• Optimizes financial management as it monitors fine payments and controls eventual devolution.
• Generates discriminative reports that allow the identification of infraction profiles, such as obstinate infractors, most common infractions etc.
• Provides greater agility and quality in customer service due to the fact that all information is in the system for consultation and printing.
• Allows integration with pre-existing systems and digital exchange of information with other entities, for example, an automatic crosscheck with the Department of Transportation's register to verify the consistency of vehicle and driver data.